Monday, September 12, 2011

My wild dreams :)


No, I haven’t travelled widely, matter of fact I have been to only one country other than Kenya and that is Finland, though in my priority list right now is to leave the country preferably to pursue further studies, but if I could leave maybe on work related grounds even just to volunteer that would be perfect but as I am realizing it is much easier to volunteer in Africa if you are white than it is for an African wishing to volunteer in say America or in Europe reasons for which I believe are clear to you as they are to me. I want to visit different countries, experience different cultures, get the exposure that comes with living in a different country other than yours and ohh even get married to someone from a different nationality and even have an half-cast baby :P

My work offers me opportunity to interact with people from different nationalities, countries, backgrounds etc some stereotype, others reserve their opinions while yeah others are just fun to be around but this is nothing if I had the experience while say living in their respective countries.

 I want to travel the world, compare what we have and what other countries have in terms of governance, infrastructure, their education system, ICT and internet penetration, the people etc.  This maybe will enable me to appreciate what we have more and hone my tolerance levels and above all enable me to embrace different cultures and know how to deal with people of divergent opinions and ideologies and give me the fun of just knowing what it feels to be roaming the wide world.

Just my wild dreams J

No comments:

Post a Comment